onsdag 25 juli 2012

Noah's Ark For Planktons

Machine work + wine + Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder sometimes will create a pair of these:


Here are the covers straight form the foundry - before the machine work.


And here they are after machining, I had an original cover to measure everything from, and that made me wonder what Noah measured everything from when he built the Ark?


Noah was known for his excessive drinking, he even was considered to be the first wine drinker ever, the first person to discover the consoling and enlivening effects of wine, now how cool is that! What I'm trying to say here is that getting the top part stepped like the original cover was a semi-scary process, and wine wins over nervousity every time, I bet Noah was the first one to discover that too.

 

As I was starting to remove some wall for the top tree I started to feel a bit like Noah, not only because I was drinking wine but because all that aluminium grit reminded me of planktons resting safely inside this miniature ark.


I should totally start producing these dust covers as miniature Noah's Ark's for planktons, I could make a whole fleet and save a lot of 'em when the next great biblical flood comes around.


Getting the insides perfectly straight against the top tree is crucial, so out came more wine, and the air file.


Looking at the assembled Vard fork you can totally see that they mainly fabricated landing gear components for air planes, and not arks for planktons.


If you're not drinking wine and having a bit of Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder that is.

10 kommentarer:

  1. You're a clasic Nicke, hilariously so, they are incredible man, fucking brilliant and it looks soooo clean !! We all know there are Aardvarks, well now, thanks to you, vino, Noah and marine micro organisms, we have Vaardarks . . . best I could do at short notice, back to my West Australian cabernet, amazing job.

    SvaraRadera
  2. i've said it so many times before but you still surprise me - beautiful work nicke........

    SvaraRadera
  3. you're cracking me up!
    great work

    SvaraRadera
  4. those turned out awesome man

    SvaraRadera
  5. http://oldbikesinsd.blogspot.se/2009/09/vard-front-end.html

    SvaraRadera